When the temperature outside starts to dip, there’s a good chance your body will be craving for a warm and comforting breakfast in the mornings. Forget the cold smoothies and tuck into our scrumptious stack of Banana Nut Protein Pancakes that are rich in protein and fibre!
The secret to this high protein power-packed pancakes is the use of chickpea flour. Instead of using the over-processed and pricey protein powders available in the market, chickpea flour is natural and full of nutrients. This underrated gluten-free flour not only boost the nutritional value of the banana nut protein pancakes but also gives them a golden crisp to the edges with a delicious nutty aroma when you bite into it. We bet this recipe will be part of your breakfast repertoire once you try it!
BANANA NUT PROTEIN PANCAKES
Love it? Rate it! [ratings]
1. In a medium sized bowl, mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
3. Add in mashed bananas and chia egg into the almond milk mixture and beat with a fork.
4. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the center of the well of the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, gently fold to combine the mixtures. Do not overmix.
5. Heat a greased skillet over medium heat.
6. Scoop 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form and the edges are set. Flip the pancake over to the other side for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
7. Repeat step 6 until all the batter is finished.
8. Garnish the pancakes with your choice of toppings.
Freaking Wholesome is an online raw dessert shop based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia providing vegan & allergen-free dessert options. Using only the best ingredients, Freaking Wholesome promises a guilt-free treat for all to enjoy. More information can be found on Freaking Wholesome's FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM