With Halloween just around the corner, you’ve probably seen enough pumpkins all around! This month’s recipe features a unique take on a pumpkin without using any pumpkins!
Dusted with a medley of warm spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice & ginger), this kid-friendly pumpkin-spiced apple snack will leave your sweet tooth soothed & your body energized. And the plus point is your kitchen will be smelling like fall in summer! So, instead of reaching for the calorie-dense & sodium-rich bag of chips, try this healthy snack to beat the 3pm energy slump under the sun!
BAKED PUMPKIN-SPICED APPLE CRISPS
Two (2) medium-sized of any crisp apple varieties : Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji, Pink Lady
Two (2) teaspoons ready-made pumpkin spice (can be found in the spice aisle of major grocery stores)
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
2. With a mandoline, slice the apples to 1/8″ thick.
3. In a bowl, toss the apple slices with pumpkin spice and arrange them on the baking tray without overlapping the slices.
4. Bake for two (2) hours, flipping the apple slices halfway between baking time.
5. When they are done, keep the oven door ajar to let them cool. Place the cooled apple crisps in an airtight container.
Freaking Wholesome is an online raw dessert shop based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia providing vegan & allergen-free dessert options. Using only the best ingredients, Freaking Wholesome promises a guilt-free treat for all to enjoy. More information can be found on Freaking Wholesome's FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM