With Halloween just around the corner, you’ve probably seen enough pumpkins all around! This month’s recipe of our healthy Baked Pumpkin Spiced Apple Crisps features a unique take on a pumpkin without using any pumpkins!
Dusted with a medley of warm spices, this kid-friendly pumpkin-spiced apple snack will leave your sweet tooth soothed and your body energized. Bonus points for having your kitchen smell like autumn in summer!
So, instead of reaching for the calorie-dense and sodium-rich bag of chips, try this healthy fruity snack to beat the 3pm energy slump under the sun!
BAKED PUMPKIN SPICED APPLE CRISPS
Two (2) medium-sized of any crisp apple varieties : Gala, Red Delicious, Fuji or Pink Lady
Two (2) teaspoons pumpkin spice
BASIC PUMPKIN SPICE RECIPE
One (1) teaspoon cinnamon powder
Quarter (1/4) teaspoon nutmeg powder
Quarter (1/4) teaspoon ginger powder
Eight (1/8) teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit/ 90 degrees Celcius and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
2. With a mandoline, slice the apples to 1/8″ thick.
3. In a bowl, toss the apple slices with pumpkin spice and arrange them on the baking tray without overlapping the slices.
4. Bake for two (2) hours, flipping the apple slices halfway between baking time.
5. When they are done, keep the oven door ajar to let them cool. Place the cooled apple crisps in an airtight container.
Freaking Wholesome is an online raw dessert shop based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia providing vegan & allergen-free dessert options. Using only the best ingredients, Freaking Wholesome promises a guilt-free treat for all to enjoy. More information can be found on Freaking Wholesome's FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM