By the end of the 15-days Chinese New Year celebrations, you will probably be loaded with excess mandarin oranges and some if not most, will end up in the bin. Why not make a delicious, simple yet healthy refreshing sorbet with these mandarin oranges! Using just four ingredients, you can now make a great dairy free and guilt free dessert for all to enjoy.
CHINESE NEW YEAR MANDARIN ORANGE SORBET RECIPE
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mandarin orange segments*
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup soy or almond milk
- 3-5 tablespoons organic rice malt syrup (increase or decrease according to taste)*
*If mandarin orange is not available in your country, you may substitute with your regular orange, clementine or blood orange.
*Rice malt syrup is also known as brown rice syrup. If you do not have it in stores, you can substitute it with other types of syrup. Please note that substituting the rice malt syrup with others will result in modifications of the actual amount used.
1. In a high speed blender/food processor, blend all the ingredients until smooth.
2. Transfer the mixture to a freezer-friendly container & leave it in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
3. Take out from freezer and blend it again for a smoother texture and freeze for another 2 hours. However, if you prefer to skip this step, the Chinese New Year Mandarin Orange Sorbet Recipe is done and can be consumed immediately.
You may also like to try our easy to make Dairy Free Mandarin Chocolate Mousse recipe for something more decadent.