Sometimes we all crave the irresistible crisp crunch of crackers. Instead of buying packaged ones from the supermarkets, why not crunch on these homemade nutrient-packed crackers when you are looking for something to munch on in-between meals. Learn our recipe on how to make your own crunchy 5 seed crackers here. This versatile snack can be enjoyed with a dollop of almond butter, mashed avocado or dip it into your soup! The options are endless!
5 – Seeds Crackers
(Makes approximately 25-30 squarts)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup melon seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup black sesame seeds
1/2 cup chia seeds
7/8 cup water
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 160°c.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the seeds together with sea salt. Add in water and mix till the mixture is wet. Leave the mixture aside for 10-15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to gel up.
3. Spread the mixture thinly onto a lined baking sheet.
4. Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes & then, remove it from the oven.
5. Slice the crackers into squares & then, bake the crackers for another 20-25 minutes till they are dry & crispy.
6. Allow the crackers to cool before storing them in an airtight container.
Freaking Wholesome is an online raw dessert shop based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia providing vegan & allergen-free dessert options. Using only the best ingredients, Freaking Wholesome promises a guilt-free treat for all to enjoy. More information can be found on Freaking Wholesome's FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM