In need of an energizing snack after a gruelling summer body workout session? This Crunchy Chocolate Tahini Slice is just what you need! It tastes just like our favourite childhood rice crispy treats minus the bad stuff.
To boost the fibre content of this sweet treat, crunchy brown rice bubbles are used. Your body will also benefit from the good dose of protein and magnesium from the tahini. The use of the Tahini sesame spread in this recipe helps to bind all the ingredients together while adding a nutty flavour. Add a dash of Ceylon cinnamon into the recipe to create a hint of warm, earthy flavour that goes perfectly well with all things chocolatey!
These Crunchy Chocolate Tahini Slices can be stored in the freezer for at least 2 weeks. Simply double up the recipe to create a ready-to-go post-workout snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
CRUNCHY CHOCOLATE TAHINI SLICE
Love it? Rate it! [ratings]
3 1/2 cups brown rice bubbles
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup tahini
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Melted vegan chocolate chips
Dried edible flowers
1. Line a 7″ x 7″ square pan* with parchment paper.
2. Place all the ingredients except for the brown rice bubbles in a medium saucepan.
3. Over low heat, whisk the ingredients till homogeneous. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the brown rice bubbles.
4. Stir until all the brown rice bubbles are well coated with the chocolate tahini mixture. Transfer mixture into the pan and let it set in the freezer for 1 hour.
5. Remove the pan from the freezer and slice into rectangles. To finish off, drizzle the crunchy chocolate tahini slices with melted chocolate and top them with pomegranate arils and the edible dried flowers.
**You may use an 8″ x 8″ square pan if you prefer thinner slices.
Freaking Wholesome is an online raw dessert shop based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia providing vegan & allergen-free dessert options. Using only the best ingredients, Freaking Wholesome promises a guilt-free treat for all to enjoy. More information can be found on Freaking Wholesome's FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM