If you are looking to reduce your caffeine intake but still want to feel awake throughout the day, then this Energizing Matcha Sesame Milk is the answer!
Made with white sesame seeds, you’ll be surprised to find this delicious milk drink creamy, nutty and super satisfying. And the best part is that these tiny seeds are huge on nutritional benefits! The Matcha powder boosts the antioxidant levels of this drink and contributes a fair amount of caffeine hit without the jitters. If you do decide to add the optional ginger powder, you’ll get a slight fiery kick to keep your tummy warm and fuzzy! Great for reliving the summer months if you’re in a colder country.
ENERGIZING MATCHA SESAME MILK
Love it? Rate it! [ratings]
1. Soak the sesame seeds with water overnight in the fridge.
2. The next morning, rinse and drain the soaked sesame seeds.
3. Blend the drained sesame seeds together with filtered water in a high-powered blender for approximately 1 minute.
4. Filter the sesame milk either in a nut milk bag or a cheesecloth and squeeze out the remaining milk.
5. Place the filtered sesame milk back into the blender together with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until the mixture is creamy and frothy.
6. Pour it into a glass with a few ice cubes.
Freaking Wholesome is an online raw dessert shop based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia providing vegan & allergen-free dessert options. Using only the best ingredients, Freaking Wholesome promises a guilt-free treat for all to enjoy. More information can be found on Freaking Wholesome's FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM